Method IT, a trading name of Strategic Network Consulting Limited, understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.method-it.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Cookie" – means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13, below;
"Cookie Law" - means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
"personal data" - means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
"We/Us/Our" - means Method IT, a trading name of Strategic Network Consulting Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 3372355, whose registered address is Ash House, Journeymans Way, Southend on Sea, Essex SS2 5TF, and whose main trading address is Ash House, Journeymans Way, Southend on Sea, Essex SS2 5TF.
2. Information About Us
- 2.1. Our Site is owned and operated by Method IT, a trading name of Strategic Network Consulting Limited Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 3372355, whose registered address is Ash House, Journeymans Way, Southend on Sea, Essex SS2 5TF
- 2.2. Our VAT number is GB 696 809 175
- 2.3. Our Information Security Manager can be contacted by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 0345 521 6111 or by post at Ash House, Journeymans Way, Southend on Sea, Essex SS2 5TF
3. What does this policy cover?
4. Your Rights
- 4.1. As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- 4.1.1. The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data
- 4.1.3. The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14)
- 4.1.4. The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- 4.1.5. The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- 4.1.6. The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- 4.1.7. The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- 4.1.8. The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- 4.2. If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- 4.3. For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
5. What Data We Collect
- 5.1. name;
- 5.2. business/company name
- 5.3. contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 5.4. your website URL;
- 5.5. IP address;
- 5.6. web browser type and version;
- 5.7. operating system;
- 5.8. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
6. How Do We use Your Data
- 6.1. All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- 6.2. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- 6.2.1. Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- 6.2.2. Supplying Our products and/or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- 6.2.3. Personalising and tailoring Our products and/or services for you;
- 6.2.4. Replying to emails from you;
- 6.2.5. Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email;
- 6.2.6. Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- 6.3. With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our products and/or services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- 6.5. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
7. How and Where We Store Your Data?
- 7.1. We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- 7.2. Your data will only be stored in the UK.
- 7.3. Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- 7.4. Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- 7.4.1. Using appropriate technical and organisational steps, and will store it on our database within a secure network.
- 7.4.2. Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
8. Do We Share Your Data?
- 8.1. We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- 8.2. Your data will only be stored in the UK.
- 8.3. Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- 8.4. Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- 8.4.1. Using appropriate technical and organisational steps, and will store it on our database within a secure network.
- 8.4.2. Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
9. What Happens If Our Business Changes hands?
- 9.2. In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
10. How Can you Control Your Data?
- 10.1. When you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).
- 10.2. You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
11. Your Right To Withhold Information
- 11.1. You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
12. How Can You Access Your Data
- 12.1. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact details below in section 14
14. Contacting Us